Need Veterans ID Card? in order to get a VIC, Veterans must go on website vets.gov, click on “Apply for Printed Veteran ID Card” on the bottom left of the page and sign in or register by creating an account. Once Veterans who apply for a card must receive it within 60 days.
How to get a Veterans ID Card?
Table of Contents
Veteran ID card a card which consist of a photo ID and you can use it to avail of Veterans Discount at different spots such as Hotels, Restaurants, Stores and other business places. Now, the very first question is who can get this card and how to use. Here we are sharing complete details with you.
How to apply for a Veteran ID Card
Am I eligible for a Veteran ID Card?
Here are two major requirements. If you meet these requirements then you can get your Vet ID card:
- Served on active duty, in Reserves, or in the National Guard, and
- Received an honorable or general discharge.
If you are not falling under the mentioned criteria then you will not get your Veteran Card. Further more you will not get any discount which is specific for the Vet Card Holder.
How do I apply for a Veteran ID Card?
Requirements for the Veteran Card
When you are eligible and ready to apply for the Veteran card make sure you have all these documents in your hands.
- You must have a Social Security number.
- For the upload, you must have a digital copy of DD214, DD256, DD257, or NGB22. You can upload it in .pdf, png .jpeg, or .file format.
- You must have a copy of government-issued ID such as passport, driver’s license or state-issued ID card.
What happens after I apply for a Veteran ID Card?