Veterans Day is a day to honors all of those respectable veterans who have served in the military of the country in war or peace. Veterans day in past was known as Armistice day, afterward its name changes to the 11th November veterans day which was approved by the US congress.
Why is veterans day important
It doesn’t matter dead or alive, It is very important that One must pay respect and pay tribute them on veterans day. You can also pay respect for living veterans for their sacrifieces during the war time in Vietnam, Iraq, Ifghaistan, etc.
Look at some Interesting Facts that increase the importance of Veterans Day directly here:
- Veterans Day celebrates on a similar day as Remembrance Day and Armistice Day in different pieces of the world.
- World War I finished on November eleventh at the eleventh hour.
- Furthermore, it’s additionally the eleventh month. Initially, known as Armistice Day which celebrated to the appreciation of saint military officials of USA.
- Veterans Day here and there mistook for Memorial Day.
- Raymond Weeks, a World War II veteran from Alabama, thought of this thought in 1945 to respect all veterans on eleventh of November, not simply the ones who had lost their lives in World War I.
- Raymond Weeks was respect with the Presidential Citizenship Medal from Ronald Reagan in 1982.
- Veterans Day, which celebrated on November 11, is considered as both a state and a government holiday in the USA. A function held in Arlington Cemetery so as to respect all who have kicked the bucket during wartime on Veterans Day every year.
- In the year 1971, Veterans Day was moved to be fourth Monday in October, and after that in 1978, it returned to progressed toward becoming November eleventh.
- There are roughly 24 million veterans living today in the US.
- There are 400,000(approx.) individuals from the US military killed at the season of World War II