The United States celebrated Happy Women Veterans’ Day on observed on Sunday, June 12, 2022. It commemorates the anniversary of the Women’s Armed Forces Integration Act. This date is not recognized nationwide, but it has been recognized by various states through legislation or announcements and organizations.
The stated goals of Women’s Veterans Day vary from state to state, but can often be thought of as paying tribute to the work of American women who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces and acknowledging the unique challenges they face.
This date was recognized for the first time when the New York State Assembly declared June 12, 2008 as “Veterans Memorial Day.”
|Dates of Women Veterans Day|
Women Veterans Day 2022
Recognize and celebrate Veterans Day today. June 12, 2018. The first Women’s Veterans Day is the 70th anniversary of the groundbreaking WAC legislation promulgated by President Harry Truman on June 12, 1948.
To celebrate the future Veterans Day, the American National Association of Veterans recommends the following activities: Post pictures of female veterans throughout the office.
Use the #WomenVeteransDay hashtag to share photos or stories of American women who have served on social media. Coordinate and/or organize travel to local female veterans’ activities. Tribute to a senior lady and share with a group of senior ladies. Organize tea, brunch, or lunch for family, friends, or old women in the workplace and let them share their stories.
Woman Veterans Day Gift Ideas:
Background Women Veterans Day 2022
According to the Department of Veterans Affairs, there are approximately 177,500 female veterans in Texas. This is the state with the largest number of female veterans of any state. In the 85th Legislative Session of the State of Texas, State Representative Victoria Neave (Victoria Neave) proposed “House Bill 2698”, designating June 12th each year as “Women’s Veterans’ Day.”
Aims to recognize and commend female veterans across the state. Sunday, June 12, 2022-The content of the bill was subsequently attached as an amendment to Senate Bill 805 and signed into law by Governor Greg Abbott on June 9, 2017.
When asked about his role in enacting the legislation, the representative of Victoria cited Virginia statistics as the motivation for creating House Bill 2698: “In Texas, our state has the largest number of female veterans of any state in the United States.
” On June 12, 2018, Neave representatives and the Veterans Women’s Business Center organized the first official Texas Veterans Day. Commemorations and ceremonies were held in Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, and Austin, as well as several other cities across the state.
These activities are designed to raise awareness of women’s contributions to the U.S. military, but they need to create and pass this landmark legislation that did not begin with representatives of Neave or female veterans in Texas. This Veterans Day began with the establishment of the United States. The shirts with veteran quotes and captions written on them are amazing. This raises awareness about the importance of women veterans day and its efforts. Women have to sacrifice many things like men as well. It is important that we acknowledge their services and appreciate them so that they can feel more power.
Women Veterans Day 2022 State Recognition
California: Resolution 33 of the Concurrent Assembly was introduced on June 23, 2015, and designated June 12, 2015, as Women’s Veterans Day. The purpose of the bill is to " urging all citizens to unite and celebrate the many contributions women have made to our military."
Indiana: As early as June 12, it was recognized as Veterans Day in 2020. Kentucky: State Representative Patti Minter introduced House Bill 318 in June 2020, requiring the designation of June 12 as a holiday state. Governor Andy Beshear recognized this holiday for the first time through a 2020 announcement.
Michigan: Governor Gretchen Whitmer declared June 12 as the anniversary of Women's Veterans Day in 2019 in response to a Senate resolution.
New Jersey: In 2019, the Acting Governor of New Jersey, Governor Sheila Oliver (Sheila Oliver) signed legislation to designate the annual June 12 recognition event as " Veteran Women’s Recognition Day."
New York: The State Assembly declared June 12, 2008, as the Women’s Veterans Memorial Day. Article 168-A of the New York State Law stipulates that Veterans Memorial Day will be recognized on June 12 each year.
Ohio-Senators Sandra Williams and Frank Hoagland are both U.S. military veterans. They introduced a bill in 2019 to designate June 12 as Veterans Day. Governor Mike DeWine signed the bill on December 13, 2019, and Ohio will celebrate the holiday on June 12, 2020, for the first time.
Oregon: Governor Kate Brown announced June 12, 2019, as a veteran of Women’s Day. This is the first time in 2019.
South Carolina: June 12, 2019, South The first lady of Carolina, Peggy McMaster (Peggy McMaster) publicly read a declaration announcing that the state recognizes this day as a veteran, and Governor Henry McMaster (Henry McMaster) in 2020 Another declaration was issued in 1988.
Texas: State Representative Victoria Neave (Victoria Neave) proposed " House Bill 2698" which requires June 12 to be designated as " Veterans Women's Day." Governor Greg Abbott signed it into law on June 9, 2017.
Wisconsin: Governor Scott Walker signed a declaration declaring that June 12, 2018, is Women’s Veterans Day, and Governor Tony Evers continues to sign such declarations until June 2020.
Women Veterans Day 2022 Images
In order to support women Veterans on Women Veterans Day 2022, we get together the collection of Women Veterans Day 2022, Images for Facebook, Instagram Twitter, and other social media. You can share such women Veterans day pictures with the family of military women to support female veterans. This will support women veterans and will enlighten the path for many women to come. This can be an opportunity for women to learn about the veterans and join them to support their country.
Women Veterans Day 2022 Quotes
Here are the Best collection of Women Veterans Day 2022 Quotes to share with family members of the military men and women:
- “These women have proudly served our nation, and now their extraordinary dedication to our state and country will be commemorated each year.”
- “Women have continually protected our rights and liberties throughout the history of the United States,” said Oliver.
- “We can recognize the fight, strength, resilience but more so, the diversity and inclusiveness women have brought and continue to bring to the military.”
- I am a woman, I served in the military, and I am a veterans
- To be a veteran, one must know and determine one’s price of freedom.
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” — Jeff Miller
- “Peace has victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.”
- “Twenty-five million veterans are living among us today. These men and women selflessly set aside their civilian lives to put on the uniform and serve us.” – Steve Buyer
- “There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” — Gen. James H. Doolittle” No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.” — Gen. Douglas MacArthur
- No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” — James Allen”A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” — Joseph Campbell
- “True patriotism isn’t cheap. It’s about taking on a fair share of the burden of keeping America going.” — Robert Reich
- “I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.”
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude.”
- “We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them.”